Why You Should Give
Why should you support CMDA?
For more than 80 years, we have pursued one goal—to transform the lives of healthcare professionals so they can transform the world. Through more than 40 programs including campus and community ministries, medical missions, public policy and much more, CMDA continues to be a driving force in healthcare—enriching hundreds of thousands of lives each year.
We need your support to help change the world. Would you prayerfully consider contributing today?
Did you know?
CMDA has received a 4-star rating from Charity Navigator for three consecutive years. This is the highest rating available from the nation’s leading charity evaluator. We are also a member of EFCA, the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability. As a member, we receive accreditation by faithfully demonstrating compliance with established standards for financial accountability, fundraising and board governance.
We are dedicated to being good stewards of the resources Christ has given us. As such, we apply that principle to our fundraising efforts and are committed to the highest standards of integrity. We know you place your trust in us when you invest in CMDA. We value that trust and remain focused on honoring it through the work of our various ministries.
When you invest in CMDA, you invest in the future lives of others
Committed to Educate and Equip
Nothing is more important to the future of healthcare in America than raising up a strong generation of Christian healthcare professionals. Through your generous support, we are able to bring Christian fellowship and encouragement to today’s students.
- More than 700 student and graduate chapters and groups on healthcare campuses across America, led by more than 1000 trained peer leaders.
- Students are being mentored and discipled through Bible and ethics studies, mission teams, leadership training, resources and outreach functions.
- Chapters create a sense of community and provide a solid foundation in Christ on which students build a career of following the Great Physician
"CMDA is really life-changing for students like me. I just want you to know how grateful I am that you have supported this ministry. Thank you for making my life change possible." - Fourth year medical student
Committed to Serve and Minister
We are called by God to go and share the gospel, and we are dedicated to using our God-given skills to bring Christ to the poor and needy on the edge of survival.
- Global Health Outreach teams minister in 20+ developing nations, including some of the most unreached areas of the world where political and religious intolerance make medical missions one of the few avenues of the gospel. These teams provide medical, dental, surgical and optical care to men, women and children. Their caring witness brings thousands of people to a saving faith in Jesus.
- In addition, Medical Education International teams travel to nations around the world, impacting thousands of lives by training local healthcare professionals and encouraging them to follow Christ.
- Pan-African Academy of Christian Surgeons trains expatriate and national surgeons in specialty specific surgery and mentors residents through a spiritual curriculum.
"The trip was truly a rewarding experience. We realized that medicine can only do so much, but we are able to offer something much greater, and that was the gospel." - Global Health Outreach team participant in Nicaragua
Committed to Evangelize
As healthcare professionals, we have a unique opportunity to evangelize our culture and our profession in these ethically dark days, when the value of human life is being steadily eroded. Your generous support helps us partner with policymakers moving in the right direction, regardless of political affiliation.
- Freedom2Care, a coalition dedicated to protecting the right of conscience for healthcare professionals, now has more than 30,000 members.
- More than 61,000 petitions were sent to President Obama urging his support for strong conscience protections.
- Our Washington office serves as a liaison with Congress, the White House, federal agencies and nongovernmental organizations in our nation’s capital.
- We continue to be involved in state grassroots campaigns to promote life-honoring legislation regarding physician-assisted suicide, embryonic stem cell research and other issues.
"Through our membership, we know that the Christian voice is not silenced." - A married CMDA couple
Healthcare is one of the best ways to spread the gospel and build the church. CMDA's staff and thousands of volunteers are wholly committed to changing hearts in and through healthcare. Your financial support allows our ministry to expand our outreaches and services for our members, our communities and our world. God is moving in an unprecedented way in the hearts of doctors and other healthcare professionals to go to unreached people groups to complete the great Commissions. Won't you help us?
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you." (Matthew 28:19, NIV 2011).