David Stevens, MD, MA (Ethics)
Email : email@example.com
Tennessee, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Dr. David Stevens, author of Jesus, MD, Beyond Medicine and co-author of Leadership Proverbs and Servant Leadership and serves as Chief Executive Officer of the Christian Medical & Dental Associations (CMDA), a national organization of Christian healthcare professionals that seeks to change hearts in healthcare. As untold thousands of people who have heard him preach could attest, Dave Stevens is a gifted storyteller and a powerful Christian communicator with a passion for evangelism and a deep understanding and respect for the integrity of God’s Word.
As the son of an itinerant Methodist evangelist who, like John Wesley himself, truly saw the world as his parish, Dave comes by his speaking skills honestly. He’s honed his talent over the years in an incredible variety of settings. Whether he’s recruiting tribal leaders to provide volunteer support for a community health initiative in rural Kenya, preaching at American mega-church missions conferences, testifying before a panel of Washington politicians on Capitol Hill or challenging an auditorium full of healthcare professionals to better integrate their personal faith with their professional practice, Dave knows how to hook and hold an audience. While always unashamedly Christian in terms of his convictions and values, Dave can hold his own in non-Christian and even decidedly anti-Christian settings. His ability to clearly communicate difficult spiritual truths, foundational biblical values, scientific facts and thorny bioethical issues gives him an authoritative voice to speak out frequently on behalf of the American Christian healthcare community. It’s also enabled him to initiate and lead a program that has trained thousands of Christian healthcare professionals how to use, but not abuse, their authority to be and offer spiritual light and salt in a world where so many patients need more than physical healing.
As a leading, trusted spokesman for Christian healthcare professionals, Dr. Stevens has conducted thousands of media interviews, including JAMA, USA Today, Newsweek, NBC's Today Show, NBC Nightly News, BBC-World Television, CNN and National Public Radio. He has also appeared on FOX Family Channel, PAX-Television, Tech TV, The Odyssey Channel, America's Health Network and many other national outlets. He has written numerous book chapters and magazine articles. Prior to authoring his first book, he wrote a regular health column for the Promise Keepers' New Man magazine and served on the editorial board of Christian Single magazine.
Dr. Stevens is also heard as host of the CMDA Healthwise Public Service Announcements, which address general health and bioethical issues. CMDA members hear him as the host of the popular Christian Doctor’s Digest audio magazine, which has featured national leaders such as Kay Arthur, John Stonestreet, Jim Cymbala, Newt Gingrich and Luis Lugo.
Dr. Stevens holds degrees from Asbury College and the University of Louisville School of Medicine and is board certified in family medicine. He earned a master’s degree in bioethics from Trinity International University in 2002 and has served on the boards of Asbury University and World Gospel Mission. He is a fellow of the Biotechnology Policy Council of the Wilberforce Forum and helped found the National Embryo Donation Center. Dr. Stevens and his wife Jody have a son, Jason, and two daughters, Jessica and Stacy, and nine grandchildren, all of who are involved in domestic or international healthcare ministry.
Dr. Stevens speaks on the following topics:
- Religious Liberty
- Integration of Faith and Health
- Medical Relief
- Organizational Governance and Management
- Media Training
Travels from Tennessee
Please fill out the Speaking Request Form located here.
Related Publications :
- The Point - October 17, 2013
- The Point - May 13, 2013
- The Point - February 14, 2013
- The Point Washington Update - October 31, 2013
- The Point Washington Update - July 25, 2013
- The Point Washington Update - June 27, 2013
- The Point Washington Update - May 23, 2013
- CMA submits Congressional testimony on health care law
- Pharmacists' Rights of Conscience
- Under Assault
- Striking Out
- Conscience Clause - Federal Health Care Plan
- CMA Letter Opposing ENDA
- The Point - February 13, 2014
- The Point Washington Update - February 27, 2014
- Christian Doctor's Digest
- Offering Hope in the Midst of Disaster
- Scientific Demagoguery in the Stem Cell Wars
- United We Stand, Divided We Fall
- From My Viewpoint: Healthcare Reform
- The Most Important Bioethical Issue You Face
- CMDA's Strategy to Transform Doctor's to Transform the World
- How Do You Spell Relief?
- Principles of Mentoring
- Dr. David Stevens - Leaving Your Nets Behind
- The Point - January 2012
- The Point Washington Update - January 2012
- The Point Washington Update - February 2012
- The Point - March 2012
- Preachers of Righteousness
- The Point Washington Update - March 2012
- Motivating Your Staff
- Medical Martyrdom? How to Defend Your Right of Conscience
- Spectators or Saints - Which Will We Be?
- The Point Special Edition - May 2012
- The Point - August 2014
- The Point - February 2015
- The Stem Cell Revolution
- Jesus, MD: A Doctor Examines the Great Physician
- Remedy: Healing for the Nations