In partnership with Global Health Outreach, WPC organizes mission trips to House of Hope in Managua, Nicaragua. These trips offer participants an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of girls and women caught in human trafficking. We will be working at House of Hope, an amazing place where the physical, spiritual, economic and educational needs of women in sex slavery (both girls who have been trafficked and women caught in prostitution) are addressed.
Through the generous donations of WPC graduates, scholarship(s) up to $1,000 are available for female medical and dental students wishing to participate in joint GHO / WPC trips.
Prerequisites for applying:
- Currently enrolled as a medical or dental student
- CMDA membership (membership is free to students and has many benefits)
- This would be your first GHO missions trip
By applying, you are committing that if you are chosen you will complete your application for the upcoming GHO/WPC trip with the $150 application fee (which is applied towards the total project fee of $1,555).
And then when accepted by GHO, you commit to:
- Pay the additional amount for the project fee
$1,555 (total trip fee, subject to change)
- $150 application fee
- $1,000 scholarship
= $405 due from scholarship recipient.
- Purchase airfare with the team through GHO.
Estimated cost to scholarship recipient $900 depending on departure city; due upon ticketing.
- Follow through on attending the trip as you are a valuable part of the team, and they are counting on your full participation.
- Submit a note after the trip telling of the value of your experience.
|Due upon scholarship notification||-$150|
|Due upon GHO approval||-$405|
|Balance/WPC scholarship pays||-$1,000|
You are also responsible for your airfare/purchased through GHO
- Complete your scholarship application by October 15 for January trips and March 15 for June trips.
- A reference letter must be received from any active graduate CMDA member (not a student or resident member). This letter must be emailed to, Debbie McAlear at firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed to, WPC, P.O. Box 7500, Bristol, TN 37621.
- Applicants will be notified of the recipient within two weeks of the close of scholarship applications. Please contact the WPC Administrator with any questions.