Side By Side Ministry Goals
Side By Side is a network for chapters filled with women who desire to grow in their walk with the Lord while supporting one another as medical wives. Being in a medical marriage brings with it a unique set of circumstances. We are here to pray for, love and encourage one another through whatever those circumstances might be, while spurring one another on in our personal relationships with Jesus Christ.
Our goals are as follows:
- To reach out to the spouses of physicians and dentists in our medical community in order to bring them to Christ.
- To challenge women to study and apply the Bible to their lives daily.
- To be a place of prayer and support.
- To build Christian community through fellowship.
- To support and encourage strong marriages.
- To provide a safe atmosphere for children where biblical principals are modeled and taught.
We strive to reach these goals by our commitment to be:
- Christ-like - Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus. Philippians 2:5
- Controlled by the Holy Spirit - But when he, the Sprit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. He will bring glory to me by taking from what is mine and making it know to you. John 16:13-14
- Committed to Scripture - Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path. Psalm 119:105
- Communing in Prayer - And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and request. With this in mind, be alert and always keep in praying for all the saints. Ephesians 6:18
- Compassionate - A new command I give you; Love one another. As I have loved you, you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another. John 13:34-35
- Competent - In the same way, let your light shine before me, that they may see your good deeds and praise your father in heaven. Matthew 5:16
- Courage - For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline. 2 Timothy 1:7
- Culturally Relevant - I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some. 1 Corinthians 9:22