FCPRS – About Us
As a specialty section of CMDA, we are here to encourage, support and build up Christian plastic surgeons spiritually and professionally.
- To uphold the CMDA mission and vision by glorifying God within the realm of plastic and reconstructive surgery.
- To serve locally and internationally within our specialty, performing the highest level of reconstructive care in an environment that is conducive to surgical success.
- To facilitate and promote a delivery of surgical service that aligns with the biblical principles of development including capacity building, training, resource exchange and follow up care.
To provide a resource and community of like-minded plastic surgeons in order to:
- Maintain our personal growth in relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Facilitate vision and outreach opportunities both locally and internationally that align with kingdom principles of healthcare development and delivery.
- Provide a collaborative environment both spiritually and professionally for practicing surgeons and trainees in the specialty of plastic surgery.
OUR CORE VALUES
We strive to fulfill our mission in keeping with the core values of CMDA by growing in Christlikeness, the fruits of the spirit, compassion, faithfulness, integrity, perseverance and cultural relevance.
STATEMENT OF FAITH OF THE ASSOCIATIONS (CMDA)
We, as the FCPRS section of Christian Medical & Dental Associations, adhere to the following Statement of Faith and Mission Statement of CMDA:
- In the divine inspiration and final authority of the Bible as the Word of God;
- In the eternal God revealed in Holy Scripture as Father, Son and Holy Spirit;
- In the unique Deity of Jesus Christ, God’s only Son, whose death and resurrection provide by grace through faith the only means of my salvation;
- In the transforming presence and power of the Holy Spirit.
2018-2020 EXECUTIVE BOARD
- Matthew Chetta, MD – Chair
- Carrie Black, MD – Vice Chair
- Stephen Poteet, MD – Secretary/Treasurer
- Ryan Schmucker, MD – Fellow/Resident/Student Liaison