Christian Surgeons Fellowship
The purpose of the CMDA Christian Surgeons Fellowship is to show the loving care and compassion of our Lord Jesus Christ to the children and families we care for, to our staffs and professional colleagues, to our communities and to the world we are called to serve. We accomplish this with competent and scientifically sound care that is tempered with biblically-based principles, continually striving to live our lives as a reflection of the image of God while speaking the truth of Christ.
Strategic Goals for the CMDA Christian Surgeons Fellowship
Hold a Christian gathering for fellowship and encouragement at our annual meeting
Develop a webpage on the CMDA website to provide resources helpful to our mission
Develop a functioning e-community to encourage specialty members to grow in their Christian support for each other
To develop resources and community that will help counter the attacks on Christian families and rights of conscience issues
Encourage and equip others to share the gospel message in their lives and practices
Encourage others to care for the poor in the U.S. and in overseas missions
We, as Christian Surgeons and officers of the Christian Surgeons Fellowship of the Christian Medical and Dental Associations, adhere to the following Statement of Faith and Mission Statement of CMDA:
Statement of Faith
- In the divine inspiration and final authority of the Bible as the Word of God;
- In the eternal God revealed in Holy Scripture as Father, Son and Holy Spirit;
- In the unique Deity of Jesus Christ, God’s only Son, whose death and resurrection provide by grace through faith the only means of my salvation;
- In the transforming presence and power of the Holy Spirit.
Christian Medical and Dental Associations exist to glorify God--by motivating, educating and equipping Christian doctors and students:
- to serve with professional excellence as witnesses of Christ's love and compassion, and
- by advancing biblical principles of healthcare within the Church and to our culture.